Broodjes & Bier is a grab-n-go food manufacturer based in Washington, DC. We produce sandwiches, salads, breakfast bowls, and snacks for wholesale distribution to DC, MD and VA. Our team is on a mission to make grab-n-go foods that don’t compromise quality, flavor, or taste. We currently distribute to 47 locations in the region and produce roughly 7,000 SKUs per week.
It’s simple; we love what we do and our entire team is committed to being the best. We’re looking for hardworking, dedicated, high-performing kitchen ninjas to join our Production Team and help us delight the customer.
Here are a few things you should know about us right off the bat:
- We always operate as a team. We like to compare our vibe to a high-performing sports team. We have one goal: to win. Crucially, we know that that individual talent isn’t what wins games - teams do. Teams that work together, support one another and give a damn bring home the trophy.
- We like music. Working to a beat is fun! We take turns playing our favorite radio stations while we work. We’re really into the song Rihanna Radio on Pandora right now.
- We’re multi-lingual(ish). We speak English and Spanish. And...our Production Manager is slowly teaching us the invented language her dog speaks.
Now, a little about you.
- We can rely on you. You get to work on-time (on time is 5 minutes early, to be clear), you’re flexible and you do what you say you’re going to do. Simple as that.
- You’re a team player. You know that teams win championships, not individuals. You lend a hand and encourage when needed and push those around you to meet their potential.
- You’re fast. You move with purpose and are comfortable multitasking.
- You’re thorough. It doesn’t matter how fast anyone on our team can work if they produce a bad product. Period.
- You have either a ton of experience or no experience at all. If you meet the other requirements above, we want to meet you. We do things the Broodjes way so if you’re willing to learn then you’ll do just fine here.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING ON OUR TEAM:
- Prepping and preparing sandwiches, salads, snack boxes and bowls according to clear processes and standards.
- Cleaning the kitchen at the end of each shift, including mopping, wiping down all surfaces/cooking equipment, food disposal, and overall sanitation to keep our space professional and ready for work.
YOU CAN EXPECT THE FOLLOWING FROM US:
- A fun and engaging work environment.
- Leadership/managerial opportunities in or out of the Production Department.
- Competitive hourly compensation, hours and free shift meals.
- Paid Time Off.
- Coffee Mondays to kick off the week.
- Quarterly Team Happy Hours (a team that drinks together, stays together).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your contact details, resume and a brief paragraph answering the following questions:
- Why are you excited about working and growing with Broodjes & Bier, specifically?
- What motivates you to go to work?
Materials should be emailed to email@example.com. Please use "Production Crew” as the subject line. Emails without this subject line will not be opened.
We look forward to hearing from you!